00:50


insight twentyfour
a warm spring morning creeps through my curtains as the early birds talk within the branches about the daily flight to the feeders, more awake and alert than I. dazed by the beams of gold, I stretch my weary limbs and reach for my phone to check Snapchat, being the stereotypical teenager I am. after much scrolling and yawning, i lunge out of bed and take a jump scare look at my bed hair in the finger stained mirror while fiddling in my draw to find the brush, and maybe the a hair bobble too. much time later, my clothes are on - blue jeans and a grey embroided jumper - and i am heading downstairs to gulp down a cup of luke-warm tea, too happy to be exhausted. singing the new Shawn Mendes song, I enter the garden to say a high pitched hello to my puppy who flipped his toy into the muddy puddle that uses to be the chicken coop - "Trigger, what did you do that for?"

sun gleaming down upon the veg patch, I grab my phone to text my boyfriend about a walk I've mental planned for us, the one person person who means more to me than life. only seconds later he replies and I grab my shoes, a new black pair of basketball trainers that fit perfectly around my odd triangular feet that make frequent blisters commit suicide. nearly 14 minutes later, a cute looking boy appears at my door step and I instantly grin with happiness - is that a true story? yes it is. glowing pink cheeks, we walk together down to the lake, the summer-seeming sun beaming down through the trees, showering the road with beautiful shadows of intricate leaves, as if it was art from the Gods.

in the pure tranquility of the steps, I zone out into the clouds and miss the steps along the curb, only to be pulled and moved to the other side by the amazing boy I walk beside, perfect in every way. smiling at my stupidity, I blush and laugh at the comments he makes, but by this time we have reached the lake path, and I pluck a flower from the hedgerow - does he know what I'm thinking of?

minutes pass as we walk down the gravel path, leading us to the huge lake that serves as a rest place for the common birds of England, a good place to for photos, taking them, deleting or selecting. years I have lived near this lake and I have never appreciated its natural beauty, a little happy place that brings me good memories filled with laughter and hugs, thoughts so precious and caring.

snapping photos of his back, i shout about his awful posture, the crystal swans distracting me as they swoop under the sun like angels. tears of giggles roll down my cheeks as I clasp my mouth silent as a family of concerned adults walk behind the bench we sit on, cute boy giggling whilst shushing me - does he want me to? odd waves ripple over the rocks as we skim stones through the still mirror on the lake, sun dipping under the trees, giving us shade from the intense heat , and indicating the time for sunset, sit in the silence and watch. repeatedly I close and squint my eyes to get a look at the ducks that sway on the slow moving brown water, pure love shined from his face as the blinding beams glisten upon his genuine smile, his hand loosely connected with my small fingers.... the ceiling appears and the dream is over. yellow light peaking under my curtains, cold fresh air surrounds my shoulders as I lean up from my warm body shaped mattress to read the 5:23am clock which sends an internal groan throughout my body, but the first person that I think of, is that cute boy in my dream, I think of you.

👽

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10:30

5:26

9:38