7:17


insight seventythree
May 28th - guarded strings
i don't know how, but you did.
you carved into my chest
like a daisy's root into soil.
the tender tears of slow devotion 
that left a certain mark, or 
scar in the place of my pulse.

you managed to curve around my ribs
so elegantly and unseen. as if
the internal darkness shadowed your
every move, every footstep as you reached
out beyond the expanding breaths,
further from the light of day.

i let my guards down so easily
their strong bones and large inhales
parted for only your inspection.
within a lengthy exhale, you meander 
towards my heart strings,
the vulnerable part of mine.

maybe i know how you did it,
a method so complex it took years
to perfect. but as soon as disaster
strikes, i feel your warmth within my
heart, the beating place of daisy's;
the scared place you call home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10:30

5:26

9:38