9:41


insight sixtyeight
it's like that feeling after a long holiday, wandering within the familiar walls and climbing into a familiar bed with the same household smells. a feeling of complete comfort within a home. but can you have this with a person? a sense of belonging from a smile, a touch or embrace? a warm sensation pulling your heart strings into a state of contentment though it is just the owner of a pair of earthy eyes that consume yours without resistance? maybe so. maybe its the feeling i have with a certain individual, a passionate tranquillity that creeps a smile upon my rosy cheeks when he doesn't even notice my inquisitive glaze upon his existence. such as a moment paused in time when you smiled up at me, when laying behind intertwined hands, eyes reflecting the evening sun within your bright complexion. maybe the clocks finally stopped, and i remain glancing at your every feature for a while longer, admiring each centimetre of your face with indented smile lines and curved cheeks which blossom in shyness. a new lease of life develops as time starts again and im brought closer to his enchanting eyes, the tinted green flecks mixed with brown pools of joy, all covered by widened pupils staring into mine. maybe he knows, he knows what I'm thinking, how my heart is racing and my thoughts circling to lean closer and kiss his lips, maybe he knows how dearly I feel towards him. but how would he know? I feel the seconds slowing again, allowing me time to break eye contact, split away from those eyes I remember so well and love so many times over. the pure relaxation from his beating heart upon my shoulder makes me weak, his arms wrapped around me like a blanket, but a blanket I've adored for years so long. nothing else matters in this savoured moment in time, just me and the boy I fell for years ago, a boy I starved myself of close relation when life got in the way, a boy who now occupies my thoughts and smiles each day. a boy who succeeds to be my pure sunshine happiness that emits a strange feeling that feels like... home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10:30

5:26

9:38