3:12


insight fortyeight
tis me again, enjoy more of this weird-ass book...

title: Red
Chapter 3
breathe. breathe. breathe.
1 breath, 2 breath, 3 breath, 4...
come on Alice, you're going to be okay. just in through the nose, out through the mouth.

confined in the vibrating boot space of an old car, i attempt to untie the rope from my wrists, black sack itching at my tear stained cheeks. wrists feeling red and head hurting with concentration, i scream and shout to the world around me, even though a little bit of my brain knows no one can hear me. kicking the walls, my breathing shortens as i give in with exhaustion to the disgusting man who dragged me into this stupid mess. as i sit in silence, with only the occasional bump or turn effecting me, i question and contemplate a lot of things in my little mind, only just realising the extent of this happening.
what is he going to do with me?
kill me?
eat me?
chop off my fingers and use them as his own?
where am i going?
to his home?
to a forest?
to a secret abandoned house with weird science stuff and scary death traps?
starting to cry again, i pray to some sort of God to help me, to save me or to send a message to my uncle. i have nothing but God's help now, and i think im going to need it.

suddenly the door opens wide and a pair of huge hands scoop up my body and throw me over his shoulder, almost as if i way nothing more than a bag of flour. oh fudge. i kick and shout but he just laughs and so i cry into the sack that covers my face from seeing anything but the odd shoe that is pixelated within the fabric. hearing a large metal unlocking sound i decide to try and picture where i am, all the better the escape with.

one, two, three, turn. seven, eight, nine, turn.
after the last turn i hear another door unlock and open, however the sound echoes in some sort of empty space. i think this is my stop. he pulls me off his shoulder and places me on the floor of this room, cold air chilling my skin. hearing the door close and lock again i tug at the bag on my head, finally hauling it into the wall beside me. blinking off the sprinkles of light on my eyes, i slowly look around the room... my room.

baby pink wallpaper covers all walls but one, which instead has golden clocks painted in an uneven pattern underneath the white coving. a lightbulb without a lamp shade hangs above my head, bright light refusing me to sit wide eyed at this small interesting room. a single white metal bed with cream covers and pink cushions sits in the centre of the painting wall, bedside table topped with a book and hair brush. twisting my head around, i see a large cream wardrobe on the right wall, smaller than mine at home but thicker in depth. forward from the bed is a desk with two little draws, a book and pencil sitting parallel to the red lipstick and ruby nail varnish.

struggling to stand, i use the wall as a crutch and stumble over to the wardrobe, wondering what's inside. grabbing the handle i use both hands to open the heavy door, dust falling on me as i do so. glancing over the clothes, i am greeted with a limited colour range of red, red and maybe more red: four red dresses meet me gaze, all the same with a taken in waist and pockets in the pleated skirt; two red tops, one with open shoulder straps and one with a frilly overlay; one pair of dark denim jeans with faded patches at the knees and waist; and one red woollen jumper with a small black heart on the left side. i open the draw below the clothes, only to find it filled with a two white nighties, one pair of red slippers with white bows on the front, two pairs of red slip on shoes and various red and white underwear garments: socks, pants and under tops.

slamming the doors shut, i race over to the door and kick the metal hard, nothing breaking but my foot. i sit on the bed in pain, and attempt to untie my wrists, carefully weaving the rope back out of the complex pattern the man had done. not noticing until now, i see another door on the left side and a small speaker beside the 2 security cameras up ahead, both flashing green i presume whilst recording. finally tucking the rope under my pillow, i place the sack at the back of the wardrobe then venture to the white door that leads to the bathroom, a small space with yet again, another camera that only seems to record the toilet, sink and doorway. spinning around i see a clean white toilet that sits by the pink sink, bar of soap, toothbrush and tooth paste sitting on the shelf above. walls tiled pink with white wooden floor like the bedroom, i pull back the white translucent shower curtain to see a pink bath with shiny clean taps and a bottle of pink bath liquid sitting in the corner.

i sit on the edge of the bath and cry, knowing no one can hear me in this hell hole. i, again, question myself on why i am here and why he chose me. crying over, i wander back into the bedroom and get into bed, still wearing my college clothes. closing my damp eyes, i try to sleep knowing that he is watching me, knowing that i can't get out.

... to be continued ...
it aint great but it'll have to do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10:30

5:26

9:38