1:02


insight fortyfive

throughout my camping holiday in Bembridge, Isle of Wight, i wrote creative writing pieces each day. so here, have a read...

5th August 2017
10 minutes past 1. the rain suddenly races towards the desert-cracked field, families run here and there quickly collecting their chairs, hot dogs and children before the drums rumble loud in the clouded sky.
15 minutes past 1. silence weaves itself in and out the bedrooms as tired eyes close momentarily to the rhythmic beat of the thin tent roof being danced upon by small water droplets.
20 minutes past 1. rain easing, the families return to their sun loungers and happy chatter is heard once again
(consider the fact I'd had no sleep and a 5:45am ferry...)







6th August 2017
sun beating down on my bare shoulders, i push against the white waves and swim into the deep. seagulls blaring and salt water splashing, i dip my brunette hair into the more-cold-than-warm sea, letting it weave itself into knots that i will attempt to brush out later.
2 hours pass.
an ice breeze stabs my visible chest as i stroll back to the soft sanded beach, towel awaiting my damp skin. eyes closed and legs resting bent, i sun bathe on the rocky shore and daydream about events that i know won't ever happen. simple silence muffles the noisy children that run around us, and i enjoy that specific beach smell that fills my tired lungs.
(i have bad strap tans from this day...)

7th August 2017
as i push myself against the cold current, my breath slows into deep inhales of salty spray that bounces up from the light blue ocean. sprinkling sun beams dance upon the breaking waves and birds sing in the clouded sky; all peacefully synchronised. ice soaking through my skin, i swim between the café and rock pools to keep warm...
18... 19... 20...
breathing deep and arms aching, i walk back to the familiar smiling faces and sun dry myself until i am a self-heated sun-dried tomato.
(i was so sun burnt... oops)

8th August 2017
rain drums on overhead hood
whilst yellow wellington boots
splash dirty green puddles
made by late summer weather

exhaling a bad mood after
a brief hill climb up rocky paths
sea air folds in the place of rain
and gulls dive above broken white ocean

silence rings sweet upon my coat
and the natural smell of settled sky water
inhales into my damp lungs
as i gaze onto breaking clouds

tent drips with afternoon rain
a small heater stuffs the room
and dog stretched across the rug
maybe I'll call this home
(the field was a literal mud bath... i washes my feet and flip flops 4 times within the day)

9th August 2017
and still the rain persisted
book aching in hand
drums becoming tiresome
with nothing better to do

rain on roof
coffee by flip flop foot
no one to disturb the silence
book of wild emotion
a simple happiness that brings me tranquil perfection
(Holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven was the book)

10th August 2017
just me
just me in the cold sweeping waves
pulling the water behind my kicking legs
just me
just me humming a tune
whilst observing the ships that balance
upon the sun broken horizon
just me
just me on tiptoes
balancing on sharp rocks
shouting to the distant smiling faces
just me
just me and the rippling sea
(best swim of my life:) apparently i did 2 pieces today...)

breath shortens in the cold
torch dim to car headlights
moon broken by heavy cloud
sleep adamant in each tent

looking up to find my way
stars sprinkled light my path
clear blotches of navy blue
painting the night in dark

grass wet under foot
puddles reflecting the quiet sky
whispered voices ring loud
now to find the toilet
(written at 3:28am)

11th August 2017
waves rustling stone
birds flying high
daydreams of him
wishing never goodbye
(ooo mysterious)

12th August 2017
home bound on water
lights blurring by
cold mist from red noses
upon the deck so high

blue fades to stars
music blares loud
sleepy eyes droop shut
back to Linton proud
(eyyyy a rhyming poem)

13th August 2017
if you're interested, here's what i brought...


💭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10:30

5:26

9:38